October: A Slam By Aasma Kamran




For ladies out there, all young and old age
For fighters out there, all ready to show grace
For victims out there, fading at snail’s pace
October, dear October be a blessing for the braves

My mother was a beauty, brown hairs black eyes
From head to toe, an example of how to live a life
When she fell ill, I thought it was ordinary
But the doctors concluded what put me through hell

I’ve always admired the way she tied
Her long hairs in a pretty French braid
Then one day she started to hide under scarfs
I was sad, so sad, to see her this bald

I cried every night when I heard her threw up
Couldn’t tell she was same
Cause she gained weight too much
I stood deadpan in hallway of hospital
The night she lost all her potential

It was October, yes October
I prayed and prayed
October, dear October be a blessing for the braves

“Dedicated to all victims and survivors of breast cancer.”

Originally Posted on Wordlogue
https://wordlogue.wordpress.com/2017/10/28/october-a-slam/#more-2838

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ProtoStar: Kinza Asghar Khan

ProtoStar: Fariha Narjis

ProtoStar: Marriyum Intesama