Miandam: An Unexplored Gem

 I recently took a trip to Swat, and let me tell you, it was a wild ride. I stayed at the Post Office Rest House, which was definitely showing its age. But you know what they say, "don't judge a book by its cover." Despite the shabbiness of the place, it was actually quite cozy and welcoming. And the sweet old man who ran the place was an absolute delight. He regaled us with stories of his youth. Classic.

 

PTDC: Miandam

Now, onto the real adventure. We visited Malam Jabba, the biggest ski resort in Pakistan. I have to admit, I was a little apprehensive about skiing, considering the last time I tried, I ended up face down in a snowdrift. But the Samson group had done an amazing job maintaining the resort, so I decided to give it a shot. And let me tell you, it was an absolute blast! The slow chair lift gave us plenty of time to take in the stunning scenery. And the best part? No face plants this time! I did fell on my arse though :D

 

After a day of skiing, we headed over to PC Malam Jabba for high tea. I was excited to indulge in some fancy snacks and sip on some tea, but unfortunately, the food variety left a lot to be desired. The peach and lemon squash drinks were tasty enough, but the food was lackluster. However, the hotel itself was a sight to behold. The Marco Polo restaurant was buzzing with life, and I couldn't help but people-watch as I sipped my squash.

 

As luck would have it, Kalam was fully booked during our visit. But that's where my cousin Ali came in clutch. He introduced us to Miandam, a hidden valley that took our breath away. It was like something out of a fairy tale. We hardly saw any tourists during our visit, which made it feel like we had stumbled upon a secret oasis. And the scenery? Don't even get me started. My daughter was in heaven, playing in the snow and dipping her toes in the river. We even visited a waterfall, which was nothing short of magical. Everywhere we looked, peach and apricot flowers were in bloom, painting the valley in shades of pink and white.

 

And that's the beauty of travel, isn't it? You never know what adventures and surprises await you. So the next time you're planning a trip, don't be afraid to veer off the beaten path. Who knows? You might just discover your own slice of paradise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ProtoStar: Kinza Asghar Khan

ProtoStar: Fariha Narjis

ProtoStar: Marriyum Intesama