Books: My Journey// By Zohaib Ahmed

There are too fewer people who read books these days but do you know what reading a book does?

While reading books, I have been around the world and I have seen wonderful places. I have seen places like Florence where renaissance flourished, home to the famous poet Dante Alighieri. I have visited places where Dante have spent his life. I have visited the Boboli gardens. I have been to Florence Baptistery where Dante was baptized.  I have been kicked out of Florence just like Dante and was forced to Venice. I have visited all the amazing places in Venice and took the orient express to Paris.
I have been to France, to Paris and danced on the famous Waltz songs of Paris restaurants. I remember my girlfriend Pascal taught me that it is easy to dance on Waltz, just one, two and turn around.  I have roamed all around Champs-Élysées, walked under Arc de Triomphe, and visited the famous Place de la Concorde. I have walked and adored the paintings inside the Louvre Museum especially the Venus de Milo. I have learned that Paris is not a city but a sensation of love.
I have grown to hate Parisians for living a fast life and my books took me away to the outskirts of France in Luberon, Provence. I have enjoyed the beauty of the place, trust me it was gorgeous. I have enjoyed drinking the drink of Provence, the Pastis while I built my own hotel there. After having such adventures I came back home and decided to travel to the northern areas of Pakistan, especially Deosai. I felt that I am a cloud, a bear, a flower from Deosai which made me go through the difficult terrain and days of trekking to the height of Burji La, the highest point where I fell in love with the famous view of the K2.
When I got tired of living in the real world, I went into the depth of fiction and enjoyed the beautiful village of Hogsmeade where I drank butterbeer with the trio. It was a great experience. I was there in the battle of Hogwarts and I fought hard with the team and we together defeated Voldy. I was chosen as a tribute in the Hunger Games and me along with Katniss and Peta. It was really tough but damn, I love the capitol. I went for walk to the palace and found the ever gorgeous Marcia Overstrand, the ever powerful extraordinary wizard from the world of Septimus Heap. I have laughed at the jokes of Alaska and cried when she killed herself. I was worried about losing Margo Roth Spiegelman and was so happy to be able to find her again.
I have been in battles, especially World War II where I fought with the brave men along Arnhem and Foy. I was mesmerized by the beauty of the Rhine Valley and the beautiful Stanjel Village and how sad it was to see all that under the influence of war. It was scary but then I jumped back to the present where I enjoyed my visits to the most romantic places on earth, the Sintra and Lisbon in Portugal. I have performed Flamenco with the crown in the streets of Sicily. I have traveled to Saint Petersburg and enjoyed the snow view.
Since being a writer, I have enjoyed the views of my own city, The Marshburg with my people and have enjoyed the famous Duck Canard. I have lived in the Blackwood manor and enjoyed the meals of the great Oliver Baxter. I have visited the famous sites of the seven churches of revelation. It was such a great experience working on climate theories on the great Marmot’s Burrow in the freezing cold of Concordia.
I have been sad and happy. I have been shattered in million pieces, it was really hard to let go of my girl, Pascal and was really hard to let go of my hotel in Provence.  I danced, I ate and I did so many amazing things which I can’t even begin to explain. Those journeys were as real as they can be. I not only felt those places but I even smelled those places. This is what books do to you. This is my life as a book reader that has totally changed my life. I can’t ever imagine a life without books to read because how can we survive the dull and boring life? The virtual reality is an invention of today but books have been my VR machine for years and trust me the vision they show is way better than even the 32k pixels quality we see on the device. I hope you guys will give reading a book a try.
Originally published in The Meraki Magazine
https://www.themerakimagazine.com/books-journey-zohaib-ahmed/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ProtoStar: Kinza Asghar Khan

ProtoStar: Fariha Narjis

ProtoStar: Marriyum Intesama