ProtoStar: Sheza Khan



I was waiting for this interview to be ready because Sheza is such a great person. She is an amazing writer and once you will read her interview I promise you that you will be impressed because she has a vast skill list and she has an amazing life. There are so many cool things about Sheza but my favorite is her personality. She is jolly and has this tendency to make your life and turn your bad day into a good one. She is a good friend and actually puts in an effort to hear the unheard words. Her sarcasm game is so strong that even if you are getting roasted, you will enjoy. She is a super Pakistani and true patriot. There is so much to write about her and even that most of her story remains a mystery because there is just too much. People who know her would definitely agree of her vibrant soul.  
1.      How would you define yourself?
One word, complicated but that certainly does not mean the person in me is confused in any way.
2.      How proud are you of being yourself as a writer?
Proud is not the word I would like to use here. I am hopeful about this very fact.
3.      Do you realize that you belong to an only very small percentage of people who can have a huge impact on the world?
Yes, Alhamdulillah. Yet I also believe over the fact that there is a small percent of people in groups all around us. Some use writing to create an impact while rest use their own means for it.
4.      How proud are you of being an introvert? Does it cause you any problem?
I recently found out that I am not exactly a complete introvert but slightly an ambivert. In truth although, I more leaning towards my introvert side even on that chart. Do we have problems? Well, sure we do but others have the same share of problems as well. My major problem as an introvert is that part where I am not a part of a conversation because that’s my choice but I am still observing that very conversation. Procrastinating over it, again and again, is issues at times.
5.      Where do you see yourself in the future?
Doing something that I love probably.
6.      What genre you like to write in?
My work is in an all-rounder form. I cannot seem to stay in one place. It’s like life. General fiction, spiritual, dramatic and romcom, it’s all there.
7.      Do you want to focus on one specific genre or be an explorer?
I think to explore around makes you more versatile, which is amazing when it comes to a writer’s growth. That way you are able to find your weak and strong spots more easily.
8.      How are you as a reader?
Horrible. I am clueless after reading a book when it comes to using words to exactly tell someone how great that book was. It’s a place where I am randomly pointing in the air trying to make something out. Plus, I take read two or more books at the same time when either I have less time to finish them or have a large stock.
9.      Name your favorite Book(s)?
Hard because I read in more languages from normal. Yet if I have to pick from each the language it would be Çalıkuşu by Reşat Nuri Güntekin in Turkish, The Giver by Lois Lowry in English and Urdu is a puzzle because you cannot have a single choice in it but probably Pir-e-Kamil by Umera Ahmed but I think that will change soon by her other book, Alif.
10.  How would you want to be remembered as?
I want to be remembered as a family member, as a friend, a mentor, as a teacher or just as someone who gave a little back.
11.  Tell something funny about yourself?
Well I am a kid stuck in an adult’s body probably at times and when my Ami gets angry at me, I call myself adorable to make her laugh, which actually works!
12.  Why do you write?
I am in the 70% of that silent majority that is crushed between the noises of two extremes. I need my opinion out there because society needs it but through a place where arguments are healthy and not just frustrating.
13.  When did you start writing and how?
I was around 13 or 14 when I started writing. Like every other kid, I use to lie and make up stories but by the time I had stopped and changed that habit because I did not like it in the end of the day, I needed to use this ability to make up stories, good stories to be exact, which can help.
14.  Have you ever cried while writing?
Yes. I think two times and both were scenes where I had to kill off a character. It was painful.
15.  What is your most prized piece of writing?
All of them. You cannot ask a mother which child she likes more. Do not push her or else she will run after you with the bat, or a slipper if she is too desi.
16.  Who is your ideal as a writer?
Rumi despite I am not into poetry that much but his words just open your mind during a writer's block.
17.  Who is your mentor? If there is one?
Life. Life itself works in that way if one knows how to look at it.
18.  Do you want to be a full-time writer or think of it as just a hobby?
Somewhere in between. I still want to enjoy writing when or even it turns into a profession or occupation because it helps to channel my thoughts and writing should never be forced upon yourself as it comes naturally.
19.  Have you ever fall in love with someone, you were writing about? Have you ever been heartbroken? Explain (5 marks)
It’s like asking a farmer if he or she has seen their crops grow? To explain the ache you have to be hurt first this is what I always say on such questions because that is what we writers do. We tell you what is love, trust, honesty, and loyalty. We explain these sentiments to you and how it’s fine if someone breaks you with such emotions and conditions because that is what makes you human and that is how you grow stronger.
20.  What is the inspiration that gets you going?
A better world and the next generation. There are a lot of mistakes being made as we speak and I do not want history to keep on repeating itself on that ground regardless if it’s our generation or next.
21.  People usually talk about success stories after being successful, how would you define your success story in making? How hard it is? It’s hard when you have fewer chances.
My success is where there are people. It’s not how many people read my work, it’s actually how many get benefit out of it. That is where my success is.
22.  What kind of help you think you can get in this phase?
 Any help is all the help I need.  I do not believe perfection is a fact when humans are considered. So, even if I am good at something, I still need polishing here and there.
23.  What is your favorite color(s) and why?
Beige because it reminds me of why I am not white. Why we are not flawless yet we are amazing in our own way. Also green because it reminds me of green grass; the freshness and the growth.
24.  How are you as a person? Talk about your strengths and weaknesses?
I don't really know what I should say over this. Yes, I am an outspoken person with stubbornness for an attitude but at the same time, I am an observer that gives away second chances. I have a lot of strengths and weakness but mostly I am accused of being a conservative-liberal by a lot of people, which is both strength and weakness, because it makes me look at the world from two sides pretty easily but also no one listens to me until they do not hit their face with the pavement.
25.  Are you scared of taking risks?
Depends. If I am the one with risk, without anyone else being involved, I am all for it. I do not want someone else's blood on my hand. * dramatic *
26.  What is your phobia?
Failure, bus.
27.  How hard it is for you to answer these interview questions?
Not really, they are just so many.
28.  How do you deal with writer's block?
Read Rumi or close my eyes for a long time.
29.  What is your area of profession and how hard was it for you to challenge the standard being either a doctor or an engineer mindset?
It was not hard but I was not purely safe from it. I am from science, more specifically from microbiology. Hated the view of the open mouth and sucked at taking out a spinal cord from a dead frog was enough for me to know that I might be epic in biology but I was not going to be a dentist or an MD.
30.  What is one stereotype you want to break?
That culture is the same as religion. Dude that just makes thing get messier. We are already in a pile of trash here because of the very same reason.
31.  Do you think gender plays a role in success? If so, How?
No. If you are in Pakistan, for sure no. Overall, even if this was true to some extent, most of us would like to blame it responsible for most of our downfalls.
32.  Literature, History, and linguistics today falls under the umbrella of the social sciences department, do you think they are sciences? Does everything has to be science to be cool or Arts are something which is an equally cool department?
I think Arts and Sciences both are interrelated and no one has to be considered by the other’s name. That is just cruel. They balance each other out at a lot of places, for example, the two strands of DNA are a very major part of science with the most precious art form nature has to offer.
33.  How are you as a friend?
Only a friend can tell that but I do not ask for or look for something in a friend. I believe you just find those bullheaded morons that are siblings without the same parents.
34.  What are your goals in life?
I had a bucket list. I completed most of the things on it but there are somewhat three or four things still left on the list. Such as learning fencing or swimming, becoming a motivational speaker or a teacher and jumping off a cliff (I need to learn swimming for that). The fourth thing, I do not remember it.
35.  How much gratitude helps you in life?
A lot. It grounds me enough to never let me be a part of the world that we live in. It brings the ‘O’ in my optimism.
36.  What is one book that touches your heart?
It would sound cliche but the Quran. All the right stuff is in there and I need it.
37.  What is one book you will recommend to people? One for new readers and one for regular readers?
For new people the fault in our stars because baby steps people! And for the oldies, the subtle art of not giving a #@%!
38.  What are your aims or goals in your area of the profession?
I believe discoveries are accidents and future is unexpected so no professional goals. It will happen when it will happen.
39.  What makes you happy and what makes you sad?
Poor or weak people. They make me smile with their ongoing faith of a better tomorrow and they also make me sad at the same time because they are not okay despite having a grin.
40.  Do you get emotional easily?
I am sentimental. It’s my birthright.
41.  How would this interview help you in your writing path?
I do not know, maybe we just have to find out.
42.  Share a nice quote?
Why do I need snap chat string when I have a memorable picture? - Listen to the Khan.
43.  If you have to help a person starting their writing path, what would you tell them?
Be true to yourself while writing, all the technical part is a lifelong journey.
44.  What would you like to say to your readers?
Do not be critics of theoretical logics but be a critic of emotional morals.
45.  Name something you really are proud of?
The term, Muslim Pakistani Pathan.
46.  How does the world react to you being this young and a great writer?
I am not sure the world knows really because I try to keep my writing away from gender, age and background, so I have an honest opinion and reaction. Plus I don’t agree with me being great. I am another person who knows how to play with words.
47.  How is your experience as a writer in the general public? Do you also have to write friends’ essays and applications?
I have seen people take my error-ed (educational) drafts and submit them. That should give it away.
48.  How is your parent’s reaction to you being a writer?
Desi reaction. How much it pays and my daughter writes! Jokes apart, they do not know it yet.
49.  Share something you are not so proud of in your life?
My defense mechanism. It has layers that all taste different.
50.  How would you define your creativity? How is it your strength?
It’s in my genes, so pretty much it comes naturally but it gives me a sense of who I am in those days where self-doubt is not just a moment but a reality.
51.  Does this interview help to get to answer your first question to define yourself? Do you think there is more we need to do to learn about your personality?
Same answer. Complicated. Not sure about that, you need to answer the last part for me.
I have no doubts that you are impressed by her amazing personality. I also get to learn a lot of interesting things about her from the interview but even then she remains a person of mystery. I would recommend that you follow her on Instagram because with all that she is an amazing photographer too.
Follow her: Sheza Khan

Comments

  1. Every answer reminded me of her writings. Seems like she writes a big part of her when she writes and this tells how honest she is with her passion. Keep writing. I want to read you as a published author 💖.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ProtoStar: Kinza Asghar Khan

ProtoStar: Fariha Narjis

ProtoStar: Marriyum Intesama