ProtoStar: Shruti Goel


The Evening Star

Proto-Star Interview

Today this interview is about my favorite Indian Person. I have known many people from India but this lady is one of her own special kind because our bond is based on literature. She is young and so full of talent. She joined us on Meraki in early days and played her role as a great manager and we have worked through thick and thin to make it work in the first year. I get to know this person and I have learned a lot from her. Read her interview and learn how she made an impact. When I left the management of The Meraki Magazine, she was the only person remaining of the original team in the squad. Ladies and Gentlemen, I present you Shruti Goel.

1. How would you define yourself?
Briefly, I am a calm person who is finding solutions. I don’t really know how a person defines himself/herself because I can’t. I feel that I should not be the person talking about myself instead people should be talking about me. Talking about myself is more of boasting to me. So, personally, I am a little clueless here. But yeah, I am on a voyage where I am doing what is right for me.
2. How proud are you of being yourself as a writer?
Proud is a big word for me. Writing is a thing which lightens me. It is something which brings out the emotions I hide from the world. So I am not proud as a writer. Instead, I am grateful to that writer hidden inside me who brings out the emotions and makes me feel good.
3. Do you realize that you belong to an only a very small percentage of people who can have a huge impact on the world?
Till the time I leave an impact on the world, neither can I accept that I am capable of it nor can I include myself in the small percentage of people. Though by doing small things I try to bring a change. But I hope, that someday when I will be asked the same question again, I will be able to proudly nod and accept it.
4. How proud are you of being an introvert? Does it cause you any problem?
I'll be honest, to me, being an introvert is more of like quality in a person. Introverts are always on a journey of knowing themselves. They live in reality. An introvert might sometimes avoid people, parties and talking to people, but their this trait makes them different and help them stand out. So, I am happy and proud of being an introvert. In fact, if I were not an introvert I would’ve wanted to be an introvert. About the problems an introvert faces, they are low on confidence sometimes, they are always worried about their appearances, and they get nervous and conscious. But, they are always up for improving themselves. They work on things which makes them any lesser. And ultimately, they fight and learn. I think these problems just enhance their personalities.
5. Where do you see yourself in the future?
I see myself writing a novel in a room full of books and running NGOs. Professionally, I want to work with a team of great programmers across the globe.
6. What genre you like to write in?
I have my own genre, Thoughts. I write in thoughts.
7. Do you want to focus on one specific genre or be an explorer?
I don’t write while thinking of a genre. I write because I want to. Though I am always working on improving my writing skills, I don’t force myself when I write. So, my genre depends on my mood.
That is why it's just THOUGHTS.
8. How are you as a reader?
LAZY! I am a lazy reader. I like reading stuff but most of the novels I read were left in between for months and then were completed in installments.
9. Name your favorite Book(s)?
As a 10th-grade kid, I really liked “Animal Farm”. I seriously recommend it to all.
And as of now, I am in love with “The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch”.
10. How would you want to be remembered as?
As a mature and a rational lady who never gave up.
11. Tell something funny about yourself?
I am funny.
12. Why do you write?
To lighten myself and bring back the positivity.
13. When did you start writing and how?
I started writing when I was 13. Back then, I used to write about friendships. But, now I write about everything.
14. Have you ever cried while writing?
It would be a lie if I say no. Every writer comes across this stage when they are crying it all out on a piece of paper. But, reading those pieces again just empowers me.
15. What is your most prized piece of writing?
I haven’t received any prize because of my words. But, to me, there’s a poem close to me. I'll give you some lines of it.
“jo sath uda le jaaye, uss hawa ke jhoke ka intezaar bhi nhi hai iss khuda ki banae bhagya pe zara bhi aitbaar nhi hai naak ragad ragad kar bhi aage bhadne ke liye taiyaar h mera wajood hi mera khumaar hai ye raaton ko khud se yuhi sawaal poochne ka fal bhi mil hi jayega uss mukaam ko ye dastoor kab tak mujhse door lekar jayega inhi khayalo me kya aaj ki raat bhi behni hai? shayd abhi to bohot si aisi raate sehni hai.”
16. Who is your ideal as a writer?
They keep on changing.
17. Who is your mentor? If there is one?
Me. I evaluate myself.
18. Do you want to be a full time writer or think of it as just a hobby?
Writing is neither a hobby nor a career option to me. It's a thing I do because it helps me reduce my stress.
19. Have you ever fell in love with someone, you were writing about?
I write after falling in love with someone.
20. Have you ever been heartbroken? Explain (5 marks)
Lol. I have never been heartbroken. But I have several times broken my own heart. Overthinking breaks my heart. And I can’t explain this more. Please give me 5 marks.
21. What is your inspiration that gets you going?
The fact that I am still dependent on my parents.
22. People usually talk about success stories after being successful, how would you define your success story in making? How hard it is?
All successful stories were once stories of failure. Similarly, mine is too full of failures and stressful and sleepless nights. There are days when I motivate myself up. There are days when I push myself for the things which are out of my comfort zone. No journey is easy. But, every journey is a successful one in the end. I am working hard to make mine a satisfying one.
23. What kind of help you think you can get in this phase?
I think when you are on a journey towards success, there’s nothing which can help you. You just have to learn to help yourself.
24. What is your favorite color(s) and why?
I like black because it goes with everything.
25. How are you as a person? Talk about your strengths and weaknesses?
As a person, I am quite honest and trustworthy. By being honest, I meant to myself. I don’t live in dark. I know my flaws and my scars. My strength is my calmness. When I am calm, nobody can beat it. Somethings are your strengths while being your biggest weaknesses. So are my emotions. They make me feel weak.
26. Are you scared of taking risks?
To be honest, yes. I think a lot before taking a risk. But, because I don’t get afraid of the thoughts of taking the risk, I end up taking the risks.
27. What is your phobia?
Losing my friends. I scare losing the people I am really comfortable and close with. The only thought of them leaving me gives me chills.
28. How hard it is for you to answer these interview questions?
They aren’t hard at all. I’m fast I am enjoying them.
29. How do you deal with writers block?
I write. I just pick a pen and a paper and scribble whatever comes in my mind. Be it word or a sentence, I write is all down.
30. What is your area of profession and how hard was it for you to challenge the standard being either a doctor or an engineer mindset?
Lol. I have a question too, why are the maximum writers from these typical engineering and doctorate fields? Like, are they the only one in pain?  Being an engineer, the answer to the second question is a big YES. There's nobody more frustrated and tired than an engineer. But, writing helps me bust out the stress. It's still hard for me. But, then writing is something nobody can take away from me. It is in my blood now.
31. What is one stereotype you want to break?
That a girl should know how to cook, look and work.
32. Do you think gender plays a role in success? If so, How?
I think gender plays a role in success. I believe that a female has to succeed in both, her family and her profession to be a successful woman. While for man the professional success is enough.
33. Literature, History, and linguistics today falls under the umbrella of social sciences department, do you think they are sciences? Does everything has to be science to be cool or Arts is something which is equally cool department?
Being an engineering student, I think everything’s cool except science.
34. How are you as a friend?
I think I am a great friend. At least I am a great friend of myself.
35. What are your goals in life?
I don’t have big goals to count in this list. But, I have some small goals. I want to learn programming while completing my graduation and then go out for pursuing masters. I am just building myself for it.
36. How much gratitude helps you in life?
Gratitude makes one humble and kind. And I feel, whenever I feel grateful, I get more kind and calm with people. It gives me peace.
37. What is one book that touches your heart?
“The Last Lecture”.
38. What is one book you will recommend to people? One for new readers and one for regular readers?
I'd recommend the new ones to read: “The last lecture”
While the regular readers should read: “the shiva trilogy”
39. What are your aims or goals in your area of the profession?
The same goals and aims I discussed in the question above.
40. What makes you happy and what makes you sad?
Not fulfilling my own expectations make me sad.
Fulfilling my expectations make me happy.
41. Do you get emotional easily?
When it comes my friends, I do. Though, I don’t show them.
42. How would this interview help you in your writing path?
Not sure about the writing path, but it has surely helped me know myself better. It is definitely going to help me in every path.
43. Share a nice quote?
Work hard and party harder.
44. If you have to help a person starting their writing path, what would you tell them?
Just a suggestion, listen to your heart and to yourself. Rest, let it flow and you'll write great stuff.
Just don’t force yourself.
45. What would you like to say to your readers?
To the person who read it all, I DON’T KNOW HOW TO BE THANKFUL TO YOU. Thank you for staying here and for reading me. I think I still have to travel a long way to deserve this.
Follow Her: Shruti Goel


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ProtoStar: Kinza Asghar Khan

ProtoStar: Fariha Narjis

ProtoStar: Marriyum Intesama